Today’s Run: 3.18 miles @ 32:37:38
Welcome to your latest edition of Lis’s Wicked Random Wednesday! I know it’s been a little while since I last posted one and you’re probably all just dying to hear what wicked words of wisdom I have to offer, so let’s just dive into this week’s randomness and get started:
1) Today I went running and had another “vomit inducing run.” I didn’t actually vomit, but my run made me feel pretty sick afterwards. This left me thinking…am I pushing myself too hard? How HARD is too hard?
2) JP texted me while I was still at work that he ran on the treadmill and his time was 32:12. So of course (the competitive person that I am), as soon as I finished my run, I had to flash my GPS watch and tell him to “eat my dirt,” only to realize that he finally beat my time today. Boo. Of course, I made myself feel better by reminding myself that he ran on the treadmill and I ran outside, which is WAY harder…right?
3) I was looking back at my old FB account (the one I barely go on anymore) and couldn’t believe how enthusiastic I was about running in my beginner days (trust me, I still am, I just can’t believe I’ve been keeping at it for so many years already! One of my favorite quotes: “Just got OK’ed by the doctor to start running again. Whoo, what a workout! I can’t wait to go again tomorrow!” I still feel that way every day…even after my “vomit inducing” runs.
4) This past weekend, I watched The Wolf of Wall Street. I have to say, I was severely disappointed. I have always been a huge fan of Scorcese films, but the last two I’ve watched (this and Shitter Island) have been pretty crappy. Why didn’t i like this one, you ask? Because it was just like Goodfellas and Casino, but with more nudity and the f bomb was thrown in there for literally every other word. Different cast, somewhat different storyline, but the plot was not as good. Yawn. Although I thought Leo did a great job as an actor, his character reminded me way too much of Ray Liotta’s in Goodfellas.
5) By the way, I have a huge obsession with gangster movies. Goodfellas, The Godfather, Mystic River, The Departed…anything that has gangsters in it, I’ve probably seen…and loved. Of course, my all-time favorite is The Godfather (the original), though!
6) I am so excited about Memorial Day weekend coming up! Who doesn’t love a three-day weekend?! But this holiday weekend is super special, because we’ll be celebrating JP’s 34th birthday, which usually falls on or around the holiday. Happy birthday to my hubby!
7) Of course, I have to leave you with yet another Basset pic!
Your turn: Answer one of my “questions” above…or tell me something about yourself that related to one of the aforementioned blurbs.
P.S. If you haven’t done so (or don’t know about it, please like my FB page at 26.2×2. I’m almost at 100 likes!