I got a great end of the week surprise today when I found out that AnnMarie from The Fit Foodie Mama nominated me for my third Liebster Award. If you are not familiar with this award, here’s how it works:
The Liebster Award is an online award given by bloggers to bloggers who generally have a following of 200 readers or less. The rules are:
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
I’ve also seen the number 11 thrown around too but I’m feeling lazy tonight so I’m going with the number 10. 🙂
First, my answers to AnnMarie’s questions:
1. Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
I absolutely love South Carolina. I actually just got back from vacationing there! Go here to learn more about my vacation. There are many reasons why I love it there so much: a) it’s always warm there…at least compared to New England, b) there are so many different things the state has to offer, Charleston’s urban beauty, Kiawah island’s coastal sanctuary, or Aiken’s horse country; and c) the food! Going there always makes me happy. I’m fact, I have to go back there for work in June, and I’m pretty sure I’ll still be smiling the entire time!
Enjoying life in the low country.
2. What is the last good book you read?
Umm hmm…I’m a magazine editor, so between reading and editing stuff for work, writing, blogging, and running, I don’t get to read for pleasure nearly as much as I’d like to. I think the last book that had the biggest impact on me was The Hunger Games. I read all three books over the course of three days while vacationing in New Hampshire a few years ago, before the movies ever came out. I also love Jodi Picoult’s novels.
3. What did you want to be when you were little?
When I was four, I wanted to be a ballerina. But ever since I was 9 years old, I wanted to be a writer. Well, my dream turned into a reality!
4. What is your favorite way to be active?
That’s a no brainer! Running.
5. What is your go-to breakfast?
Overnight oats. They help lower my cholesterol and since I make them the night before, they’re ready to go first thing in the morning.
6. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably Swedish Fish. Plus they make great fuel for running!
7. What are your hobbies outside of work/blogging?
Running, horseback riding, tennis, playtime with the Basset hounds, and spending time with family.
There’s no such thing as too many Basset baby pics!
8. Would you ever be able to go a day without your phone?
Never! I run this blog off of it!
9. Do you prefer to exercise in the morning or at night?
Early evening is best for me, except for when I’m doing really high mileage.
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love the camaraderie and sense of community I get from blogging to a like-minded audience. It gives me a better faith in mankind, even on the worst days. Even if I go to the grocery store and someone is rude to me (people can be brutal!), I usually come home an check my blog and find kind words from others – it’s a redeeming quality for the human race.
OK, now here’s my 10 nominees:
Sara @ RunninginPinkProject
Tantra @ Pretty Little Runner
Esther @ Chocolate Runner Girl
Nicola @ Running on Clean
Amy at Will Run for Ice Cream
Darlene @ My First 5k
Amanda @ Brown Eyed Twenty Something
Heather @ Shorty Runs
Kristen @ Faith and Margaritas
Niki @ Overwhelmed Heart
Amanda @ Running By Day
And my questions for you:
1. What is your preferred sport, and why do you love it so much?
2. Tell me about your worst running/fitness related injury.
3. What type of running/workout shoes do you wear? Would you ever try something else?
4. How long have you been pursuing a healthy lifestyle for?
5. Currently, what are your short term goals vs long term goals?
6. Favorite running/workout gear (not including sneakers)?
7. Finish this sentence: when I’m not running/working out, I’m…
8. What was the last great book you read?
9. What’s your favorite healthy food/meal?
10. And your favorite non-healthy food?
I can’t wait to learn more about all of you! Congrats!