Today’s Run: 3.18 miles @ 32:37:38
Welcome to your latest edition of Lis’s Wicked Random Wednesday! I know it’s been a little while since I last posted one and you’re probably all just dying to hear what wicked words of wisdom I have to offer, so let’s just dive into this week’s randomness and get started:
1) Today I went running and had another “vomit inducing run.” I didn’t actually vomit, but my run made me feel pretty sick afterwards. This left me thinking…am I pushing myself too hard? How HARD is too hard?
2) JP texted me while I was still at work that he ran on the treadmill and his time was 32:12. So of course (the competitive person that I am), as soon as I finished my run, I had to flash my GPS watch and tell him to “eat my dirt,” only to realize that he finally beat my time today. Boo. Of course, I made myself feel better by reminding myself that he ran on the treadmill and I ran outside, which is WAY harder…right?
3) I was looking back at my old FB account (the one I barely go on anymore) and couldn’t believe how enthusiastic I was about running in my beginner days (trust me, I still am, I just can’t believe I’ve been keeping at it for so many years already! One of my favorite quotes: “Just got OK’ed by the doctor to start running again. Whoo, what a workout! I can’t wait to go again tomorrow!” I still feel that way every day…even after my “vomit inducing” runs.
4) This past weekend, I watched The Wolf of Wall Street. I have to say, I was severely disappointed. I have always been a huge fan of Scorcese films, but the last two I’ve watched (this and Shitter Island) have been pretty crappy. Why didn’t i like this one, you ask? Because it was just like Goodfellas and Casino, but with more nudity and the f bomb was thrown in there for literally every other word. Different cast, somewhat different storyline, but the plot was not as good. Yawn. Although I thought Leo did a great job as an actor, his character reminded me way too much of Ray Liotta’s in Goodfellas.
5) By the way, I have a huge obsession with gangster movies. Goodfellas, The Godfather, Mystic River, The Departed…anything that has gangsters in it, I’ve probably seen…and loved. Of course, my all-time favorite is The Godfather (the original), though!
6) I am so excited about Memorial Day weekend coming up! Who doesn’t love a three-day weekend?! But this holiday weekend is super special, because we’ll be celebrating JP’s 34th birthday, which usually falls on or around the holiday. Happy birthday to my hubby!
I got me a good catch! Even if he does beat my running time!
7) Of course, I have to leave you with yet another Basset pic!
And if you ever wonder why so many of my pictures of the dogs are taken in bed…I usually only have time to write right before bed.
Your turn: Answer one of my “questions” above…or tell me something about yourself that related to one of the aforementioned blurbs.
P.S. If you haven’t done so (or don’t know about it, please like my FB page at 26.2×2. I’m almost at 100 likes!
Do you purposefully write “Shitter” Island lol! I did like Wolf but I never saw the other movies you thought it was similar too, so if I had, maybe I would have been bored with the same old same old as well. Although, I do tend to like movies that are about “nothing” you know what I mean? Like have you ever see Empire Records? Classic example of a movie that’s not really about anything and I really liked it!
Haha, I LOVE Empire Records! Trust me, you have to see Goodfellas and the departed, they were awesome! Shitter Island was actually a typo but I saw it and decided to leave it because it worked out perfectly! Lol!
You have completely justified my decision to never see Wolf of Wall Street. I wanted to see it when I first heard it was filming but one look at the preview and Joe and I decided it looked terrible. It was the only Oscar nominated movie we didn’t actually watch last year but now I’m glad!
I watched that movie a couple weeks ago and it was waaaay too long. Why do movies have to be three hours? I like a good 90 minute film, captures my attention and I don’t require a nap to finish it. Oh and I think running outside IS a million times harder than the treadmill, You have the wind, hills, weather etc. So you win 🙂
Haha today I told JP that I was mad he “beat me” and he was like “well the treadmill is easier.” Then I told him I was thinking that but didn’t want to say anything, and his response was “well I still win because I have 30 lbs on you and that’s tough to carry around when you’re running.”
Happy birthday to JP!
Shutter Island made me so mad! I watched it really late at night so it freaked me out, but I was frustrated because the movie wasn’t even that good – not worth getting scared by. I haven’t seen Wolf of Wall Street yet…and you are the fourth or fifth person who I have heard say it isn’t worth seeing, so I’m thinking I’m not going to watch it! Too much cursing and wayyy too long for my taste.
I watch the Wold of Wall Street too, okay, but not good. Love the Departed!
I am super competitive like that too, lol. Thanks for the heads up about that movie! I love all your doggie pics 🙂
haha, yay for friendly competition! It’s good motivation. 😛 Treadmill does seem easier than running outside (especially when you get the weather and potential hills involved :O ).