Well, another hump day has come and gone. I wasn’t even sure if I would get a chance to post today, because A) I’ve been playing catch up at work this week and have been working ridiculously long hours, despite returning from a trade show where I worked 12+ hours a day all last week and throughout the weekend, and B) have I mentioned I’m tired? Oh yeah, and C) I had an impromptu haircut today that my mom made for me and forgot to tell me about (even though I’m 30 and very capable of scheduling my own appointments)!
So if you’re not already exhausted from reading the previous paragraph, here’s my rant for the day on why I found this Wednesday to be extremely exhausting:
1) I picked up a head cold while I was away and have been suffering from lack of sleep because of it.
2) There’s not enough time in the day to do everything I need to.
3) After I picked the dogs up from the vet (where they stayed while we were away) yesterday, I was told that Bella has an infection in her armpits because of all the folds in her skin. I now need to give her medication twice a day and wipe her pits with baby wipes.
For anyone new to my blog, Bella is my Basset Hound, not my child that has folds in her skin around her arm pits. I feel sorry if there’s anyone out there with a child who does have this problem. It’s bad enough when it’s your dog! (My attempt at being funny)
4) I’ve continually eaten like crap since I stopped running. I just finished off any crap left in the house last night, so what did JP do? He went to the grocery store and bought more crap for me to eat (I of course know he did this just because he knows how much I love to eat crap, but STILL…). Eating crap is exhausting.
5) I haven’t gone running yet because I have this stupid head cold. I want to feel 100% when I start running again (hopefully this wknd). But not running has left me exhausted in itself.
I was scheduled to run the Celtic 5k in Worcester this weekend, but we’ll see…if it’s as cold as it has been I will NOT be running in that. Plus, see the paragraph above this one.
There you have it, folks! Luckily hump day is over, as is my rant about being exhausted! Thank you and goodnight!
Was your Wednesday a perky one or exhausting? And why?