Hope you’re all having an enjoyable and relaxing weekend! I’ll be heading down to Rhode Island today and may be MIA for the rest of the day (as in I might not get to reading your comments until later on today), but I wanted to leave you all with a fun post to read.
Ursula over at Northern Ambitions nominated me for my second Liebster Award (third award overall), and I’m really excited to answer her questions finally. After receiving a couple awards I had to get out of my comfort zone and find some new blogs to read because I don’t want to keep nominating the same people over and over. It was a challenge, but after a week’s worth of scouting blogs, I found what I thought were the latest and greatest new blogs to nominate.
The Liebster Award helps generate attention for new and upcoming bloggers, generally those with 200 followers or less.
There are a few rules regarding the Liebster Award, which is why this was a challenge for me:
• Acknowledge the nominating blogger
• Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
• 11 random facts about yourself
• List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
• Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
• Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer
For some reason I thought I had to go out and find 11 new bloggers too, which is why it took me so long to get this post up! I am a rule follower so I tried to follow these rules to a tee, but some of the people I nominated May or may not have been blogging for over a year and may or may not have more than 200 followers. But I did my best!
Now for some question answering:
1. Describe your perfect lazy Sunday.
I love Sunday mornings because I can be lazy! I usually get up a little later than planned, make some coffee and breakfast (usually pancakes), and will just sit at the table and savor my coffee and read other people’s blogs all morning while the dogs lay at my feet. JP is usually still asleep, which is fine, because it gives me that along time that everyone needs.
2. If your house was burning what are the three objects you’d be sure to save?
My husband and the hounds (they are the objects of my affection).
3. What is the one goal you’d like to accomplish in your lifetime?
To run a marathon, which has become quite the challenge for me! Every time I try to train for one, I get injured!
4. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Pancakes, because you can throw a bunch of different things in there to give you a well-rounded and healthy diet. I could make a different type of pancake for every day of the year, and never get sick of them!
5. What is your favourite winter activity?
I try to avoid the cold at all costs, so I guess I would have to say snow shoveling because it’s my only winter activity. Boo.
6. Where would you go if you were invisible?
I would go spy on my nemesis to give me some ammo for retaliation!
7. If you were Archie, would you choose Betty or Veronica?
Neither, I would choose the dog.
8. When’s the last time you did a random act of kindness for a stranger?
About a week ago I saw that someone left their purse in a shopping cart outside of Walmart. It was directly across from some Girl Scouts selling cookies so I asked them first if they knew anything about it. When they said no, I turned the purse in to customer service (of course didn’t look inside of it!).
9. What was your favourite book as a child?
Anne of Green Gables. It still is!
10. What were you for Halloween last year?
The Cookie Monster! Only I didn’t have to dress up because I love cookies!
11. What have you done that you are most proud of?
Married the love of my life.
• I used to be a vegetarian (for nine years of my life)
• I have one younger sister
• I am afraid of heights
• I prefer the ocean over lakes
• I hate cold weather, yet live in New England
• Someday I’d like to move somewhere warm year-round
• My favorite color is blue
• My favorite place to vacation is Kiawah Island, SC
• However, I have never been to the Caribbean and would love to go there!
• I’ve always dreamt of running the Boston marathon but that’s becoming a pipe dream
• Speaking of pipe dreams, I’ve always wanted to learn how to surf but haven’t tried to yet
1. What is your favorite distance to run?
2. Name one place you’d like to go to compete in a destination race.
3. What is your dream car? And do you own it?
4. If you could only eat on type of meal (breakfast lunch or dinner) to eat for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
5. And why?
6. What celebrity would you most like to go to lunch (or breakfast or dinner, depending on what you answered previously) with?
7. And what would you ask that person?
8. Are you allergic to anything…and what? If not, I’m jealous!
9. Do you prefer high heels or flats?
10. What is your favorite workout song?
11. And what type of headphones do your wear while working out?
abkruns.com (Hit the Ground Running)
1. My family used to have a beach house on Kiawah! I vacationed there every summer as a kid 🙂 2. I can surf! I’ve taught a bunch of friends too, I’ll teach you 😉
Yay! We shall meet up in Kiawah so you can teach me to surf! 🙂
I would totally take my husband and kitties, too. I actually am super scared of my house catching on fire. Before we leave, my hubby and I always ask each other, “All of?” meaning… is everything off? hehehe.
OMG, we do a huge check before we leave to go anywhere. We’re a little OCD. We check the bathrooms, the laundry room, make sure our shredder isn’t plugged in in the office, and of course stove, coffee maker and toaster oven at all times!
Aww, thank you for the nomination! You’re too sweet!
Aww thanks for nominating me! 🙂
Kiawah is such a beautiful place, I do some of my long runs out there.
I’m totally with you, I’d love to live somewhere that is warm year-round!
Thank you so much for the nomination!
#5 totally made me laugh! 🙂 I loved Anne of Green Gables when I was younger, too.
Thanks for the nomination, too!
Haha I had to go back and see what #5 is. Well, I do run but I don’t do it outside in the winter. It’s activity and it takes place in the winter, but I didn’t think that was acceptable enough.
Pingback: Training – Week 5/Week 4 Round up! | Sub Four Sweats