Tuesday’s Workout: 4 miles @ 38:11; 20 minute warm-up followed by negative splits
Wednesday’s Workout: None/Rest Day
I’ve been gone for a couple days, did you miss me? I was planning on writing a post yesterday, but I was totally exhausted after my 4-mile run, and ended up falling asleep on the couch while watching the Olympics!
Wednesday is know as hump day to many (and I know most of you will probably be getting this first post on Thursday), but since I am a New Englander and have now deemed Wednesday as the most horrible day of the week, I am now referring to them as “Wicked Wednesdays.”
Because Wednesday is right in the middle of the week, it’s definitely the most stressful weekday for me. A few things that happened to me on this Wicked Wednesday:
• I woke up ridiculously early because I knew I had a lot to do at work and wanted to get there early.
• After getting up to take out the dogs and feed and water them, I hopped back into bed for “just a few more minutes,” not intending to fall back asleep. (Mistake #1)
• I woke up with a start, asking JP what time it was and why did he let me sleep so late?! (I had turned my own alarm off because I hadn’t intended to fall asleep again – Mistake #2)
• While I was making coffee to get my butt in gear, I told JP, “It feels like Wednesday to me.” To which he responded, “That’s because it is Wednesday.” Oops, I had thought it was Tuesday (hence why I needed the coffee!), but in that respect I sure was glad it was Wednesday.
• I started off my day with a nasty letter from our landlord, which is still haunting me. I have no problem posting this, because I’m 99.99% sure he doesn’t read this blog.
• I’m just going to follow that up with the fact that I am (and our company is) a really good tenant. However, I don’t take b.s. from anyone, and I know when someone is trying to pull one over on me…which I refuse to let happen. I’m generally a very nice person…except when I think someone is trying to take advantage of me.
• Following that email, I had so much stuff to do at work that I felt completely overwhelmed and basically felt like I didn’t get anything done for the rest of the day (I actually did, but not as much as I would have liked).
• Wednesday is generally a rest day for me. I think that’s going to change pretty soon, because I need the running to keep me sane (like the way I phrased that? I pictured my grandmother while I wrote it).
• The redeeming part of Wednesday was that JP took me out for an early Valentine’s dinner because he sensed how stressed I was. Have I mentioned that I love that man?! We don’t ever go out on V-Day because we feel that it’s over-commercialized, we don’t enjoy sitting in someone else’s lap when we go out to eat (you’re forking down a lot of money for a nice meal, you shouldn’t be squished in a seat because the restaurant where you’re eating wants to make as much money as possible on a holiday!), and we like to celebrate our love every day of the year, not just once a year.
Tomorrow’s post will be more on our V-Day dinner (celebrated today) and what JP and I do to celebrate our love every day of the year (I know, it’s sickening, sorry). After this post, you can go back to your regular Olympic programming.
Tell me something about your Wednesday that made your day totally suck.
And if your day wasn’t terrible, I don’t want to hear it. So tell me if you have any plans for V-Day (and if so, what they are).