Today’s Workout: 3 miles @ TBD
Yesterday’s Workout: 3 miles @ 30:00 (treadmill)
Hey y’all! Before I get today’s post started, don’t forget to enter my First Week of February Giveaway! There’s only a few days left to enter!
Let’s get started with the elephant in the room…I haven’t been blogging as much lately, and I suck. OK, maybe I don’t suck, per se, but I’m pretty ticked at myself for not posting as much as I’d like. However, works been pretty stressful for me lately, and I’ve been having to bring a lot of stuff home with me. And I have to put the stuff that gets the bills paid done before anything else (except of course, my family…and running).
But, here I am! It’s like I never even was gone! Yesterday I had a pretty sucky run. I think it’s the worst run I’ve had since I started getting really serious about training for a marathon. It was like everything in the universe was telling me not to run. First, I tried turning on Netflix, and it wouldn’t let me because I had to update the PlayStation. Then, once I got that all figured out (hubby wasn’t home to help me), I got started with my run, and my shoe was digging into the side of my foot (something that’s been bugging me when wearing multiple shoes this week…what gives?). THEN, my calves started to feel really sore and tight. I just felt completely off, and after a mile I decided that if my calves weren’t feeling stretched out by mile 3, I would throw in the towel.
I never do this. I’m a big proponent of trying to push through the pain (to a certain extent). But today it really felt like the universe was telling me not to run, and when, at mile 3, it literally felt like there was a bug in my shoe trying to bite me in the toe, I decided that was it. I’m still not happy with myself for quitting at the halfway mark (I was supposed to do 6 miles), but sometimes you’re just not feeling it. And btw, there was no bug in my shoe, just a blood blister on my toe!
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’re probably wondering what happened to Fact Friday. Well, for the moment, I’ve decided to shelf those posts because I’ve been getting kind of sick of them myself. And if I’m not enjoying posting them, then I’m sure that my lack of enthusiasm will be coming through on my posts, making them boring as hell to read, and we certainly don’t want that, do we?
So instead, I’ve started a new post called “5 Things I Love Friday.” I thought this would be a good way to round up the week:
1. I love this smiley face that hubby drew on the front of my car on Wednesday. I couldn’t help but take a picture of it! Even though I’m not a fan of shoveling, it made me happy to be out there in the snow!
2. The hounds, especially their early morning snuggles. Yesterday, Bella climbed on top of me when I tried to get up in the morning and literally pushed my face back into the pillow with her little snout. So cute!
3. Sleep. This is one of the reasons I haven’t been blogging as much. I’ve been trying to catch up on a good amount of sleep that I may have missed over the past few weeks because I’ve been on blog overload. It’s finally been catching up with me, and I realized I might need to scale back…
4. Amy’s Veggie Burgers. I’ve been living off these things lately, since I haven’t had much time to cook. They are so good! Even hubby, who’s not a big fan of veggie burgers eats them, so that’s a testament to how yummy they taste. If you haven’t tried them yet, you must.
5. The Terminator. JP and I watched this movie last night – he was appalled that I had never seen it before (he absolutely loves Arnold movies). Funny how you’ve been married to someone for eight years, and you still learn so much about them, huh? I had been fighting watching it for so long, because I thought I was going to hate it…but I actually really enjoyed it, 80’s synthesizer music and all. Shh, please don’t tell him – that would mean he wins!
What’s something you’ve been loving this past week?
And something you’ve been hating?
Oven ever seen the first 2 but I saw the 3rd and 4th in theaters with the fancy new casts. I was forced to see 3 and then it was hilarious and I obviously volunteered to see 4 because Bale 🙂 hating this week? My toe! Loving? I’ve been weirdly at peace with some school turmoil and I feel very mentally in tact right now. Not so stressed….always good 🙂
I didn’t know you guys have been married for so long! You must have been babies when you met. 🙂
Yes, it will be eight years in August! JP was 25 and I was 22.
You’ve been missed, but I understand needing the break! I think blogging is like running – some days its fun, some days you don’t want to do it but do it anyways, and some days you just need to take a break! We all have them (of varying frequency I’m sure!). I love 5 things Friday roundups. Something I’ve been loving, the blue skies and sunshine we’ve had all week. Something I’ve been hating, the cold cold cold air that comes along with the blue skies!
I think we’re kindred spirits because my golden rule is if it doesn’t make me happy, move on. You’re Bella is adorable! And so calm. I’m still waiting for my 2.5 year old mutt from the SPCA to calm down. And those veggies burgers look so good. I need to try those now that I’m trying to cut out meat.