Today’s Workout: 12 miles @ 2 hours, 5 minutes
This giveaway has now closed. Special thanks go to ZYM for sponsoring our first contest!
Again, this week’s workout was my longest run on the treadmill. Basically, every run every Sunday after this will be my longest run ever, until/unless I start tapering. I haven’t made up my mind which marathon I want to make my first yet, but due to scheduling conflicts, I think I might have to wait until August to even attempt my first marathon. I might just do a half marathon in the spring, until then, but we’ll see. My goal was to complete my first 26.2 in/around May, but between my sister’s upcoming nuptials, my husband’s birthday, and I just found out my cousin is getting married in June, I may have to re-evaluate my plans.
But…I have bigger news to share with you before I even start discussing my marathon plans with you!
If you don’t feel like reading the other posts, here’s a quick run-through about these great products. ZYM produces electrolyte tablets which you can drop into your water bottle (a 16 oz water bottle works best) and just go. There are four flavors available: an orange sports drink, grape, Berry, and lemon-lime. I’ve tried many other electrolyte enhanced sports drinks and tablets before, and I’m not lying when I say that ZYM is by far my favorite, with their orange flavor ranking highest on my list. How did the other flavors stack up, in my opinion? My second favorite was lemon-lime, followed by grape, and Berry, respectively.
I loved the orange flavored sports drink because a) I’ve been looking for a caffeine free electrolyte tablet to use that was tasty and b) I just loved the flavor the most. The orange flavor is the only one that is caffeine free. All the other flavors contain about 100 mg of caffeine.
The other great thing about ZYM products is that these tablets are all enhanced with vitamins and nutrients that are essential to runners. You can find out more about what specific ingredients their different products contain on their website. Basically, they are awesome! If you haven’t tried their products yet, you should. And now you have a chance to do so, because ZYM has offered to partner up with me for a giveaway, offering one of my lucky readers a sampling of their flavor of choice.
In order to enter, all you have to do is comment below on what flavor you would like to try. There are also some rules and guidelines that follow:
• The First Week of February ZYM giveaway starts on Sunday, February 2, and will run through 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 11.
• The winner will be announced on Tuesday, February 11, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize by emailing email@example.com. Winner must provide their name and mailing address in order to claim their prize.
• 26.2×2 does not sell mailing addresses to third parties. All mailing addresses provided to 26.2×2 for the First Week of February Giveaway will remain strictly confidential between 26.2×2 and ZYM.
• 26.2×2 recommends that all entrants visit ZYM’s website or inquire about the ingredients of ZYM’s products and consult with their doctor before making any dietary changes. 26.2×2 and ZYM are not liable for any allergic reaction or other health problem that may occur while trying ZYM products.
• Prize can only be mailed to U.S. residents.
Good luck, and in the meantime, happy running!