Today’s Workout: Rest Day
So, today wasn’t that great of a day for me. Like, it was a truly horrible day. I found out that I made a mistake so bad that at most companies, I probably wouldn’t even have a job. I don’t want to go into details. I try not to go into details about my job on here, just because I don’t like to mix business with pleasure. But, it seems like I’m probably just going to get a talking too, and they’ll let bygones be bygones…or however you use that expression. I suppose it’s kind of hard to even get a “talking to” when your boss is located thousands of miles away…
Anyways, I did start my day off really well, because when I woke up this morning, I had a message from Heather, telling me she had nominated me for a Leibster Award. I was so excited to hear that someone likes my blog enough to nominate me for something!
I’ve seen this award circulating around the blogosphere, and if you’re not familiar with it, it’s an award to help promote new bloggers. The word Liebster is German and has a few different meanings such as dearest, lovely, and valued.
I also did some further research, because my instinct was that there wasn’t an actual “award” per se (if so, who would I contact to nominate my 11 people?), but it’s more like a blogger chain letter. My instinct was correct. I meant to save the link that I read to do research on the origins of the award, and share it on here, but I accidentally clicked out of it and am too lazy to go find it right now. Yeah, I’m a dork like that.
There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:
Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog.
Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
So without further ado, here are my answers to Heather’s questions:
1. What is your favourite distance to run? So far, 13.1, because it’s the furthest I’ve done, but I know that once I get past that number, each mile after will be my favorite. For me, it’s all about setting goals and attaining them, and right now, my goal is to go the distance.
2. When did you start running? Technically, I started running when I was 14, my freshman year of high school. But I didn’t start actually loving it until I was 25, and was looking for an outlet for my stress…and a hobby I could actually afford!
3. What is your favourite brand of running shoe? Mizunos, all the way!
4. Solo Runner or Buddy Runner? I’m more of a solo runner than a buddy runner, but I definitely have certain buddies that I don’t mind running with.
5. Favorite post-run snack? A piña colada protein shake.
6. What made you start blogging? It was a way for me to stay accountable for training for my first marathon, and to try to keep in touch with my buddy who I do run with.
7. Do you have a pet? If so what kind? Yes, I have two Basset Hounds!
8. What is something not related to fitness that you think others don’t know about you? Still kind of related to fitness because you get a work out from it, but I was a competitive equestrian for years and rode on my college equestrian team. I still ride horses, but not competitively anymore. It’s too expensive! Which is why I started running.
9. What is your favorite TV show? I enjoy many tv shows but the first one that immediately came to mind was Friends. That has to be my all-time favorite show. I can apply each episode to something in my life (or vice versa).
10. What do you do with your race bibs? I saved my bib from my first half-marathon (the Providence Rock n Roll Half-Marathon), but I started collecting so many bibs from races that I ended up throwing out the rest. I’ll likely save my bib from my first marathon, too. It would have to be quite significant for me to save it.
11. What is a pre-race ritual you have? I don’t really have a ritual (other than getting all my clothes and everything else ready the night before), but I do have a lucky pair of socks that I wear. They are Wrights Socks and are the only kind I’ve tried that won’t give me blisters in the rain. And for some reason it always rains during my half-marathons!
To share the love, here are my nominees:
The Saved Runner
Run Your Mutt Off
Will Run for Pizza
Lily Runs the World
Meg Go Run
Run for the Pizza
Gotta Run Now
Laced Up with Lipstick
Now for the questions:
1. How long have you been running for?
2. What’s the furthest distance you’ve ever run?
3. What’s your p.r.?
4. Where’s your favorite place to race?
5. Where’s your least favorite place to race?
6. What’s your favorite time of year to go running?
7. What’s your favorite “naughty” food to eat that you don’t mind sneaking in on long run days (we all have one!)?
8. If you could enter a race ANYWHERE, which race would it be?
9. What’s your favorite running song?
10. Do you have any pets? If so what kind and how many?
11. Name one hobby you enjoy other than running.