Today’s Workout: Rest Day
So, today wasn’t that great of a day for me. Like, it was a truly horrible day. I found out that I made a mistake so bad that at most companies, I probably wouldn’t even have a job. I don’t want to go into details. I try not to go into details about my job on here, just because I don’t like to mix business with pleasure. But, it seems like I’m probably just going to get a talking too, and they’ll let bygones be bygones…or however you use that expression. I suppose it’s kind of hard to even get a “talking to” when your boss is located thousands of miles away…
Anyways, I did start my day off really well, because when I woke up this morning, I had a message from Heather, telling me she had nominated me for a Leibster Award. I was so excited to hear that someone likes my blog enough to nominate me for something!
I’ve seen this award circulating around the blogosphere, and if you’re not familiar with it, it’s an award to help promote new bloggers. The word Liebster is German and has a few different meanings such as dearest, lovely, and valued.
I also did some further research, because my instinct was that there wasn’t an actual “award” per se (if so, who would I contact to nominate my 11 people?), but it’s more like a blogger chain letter. My instinct was correct. I meant to save the link that I read to do research on the origins of the award, and share it on here, but I accidentally clicked out of it and am too lazy to go find it right now. Yeah, I’m a dork like that.
There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:
Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog.
Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
So without further ado, here are my answers to Heather’s questions:
1. What is your favourite distance to run? So far, 13.1, because it’s the furthest I’ve done, but I know that once I get past that number, each mile after will be my favorite. For me, it’s all about setting goals and attaining them, and right now, my goal is to go the distance.
2. When did you start running? Technically, I started running when I was 14, my freshman year of high school. But I didn’t start actually loving it until I was 25, and was looking for an outlet for my stress…and a hobby I could actually afford!
3. What is your favourite brand of running shoe? Mizunos, all the way!
4. Solo Runner or Buddy Runner? I’m more of a solo runner than a buddy runner, but I definitely have certain buddies that I don’t mind running with.
5. Favorite post-run snack? A piña colada protein shake.
6. What made you start blogging? It was a way for me to stay accountable for training for my first marathon, and to try to keep in touch with my buddy who I do run with.
7. Do you have a pet? If so what kind? Yes, I have two Basset Hounds!
8. What is something not related to fitness that you think others don’t know about you? Still kind of related to fitness because you get a work out from it, but I was a competitive equestrian for years and rode on my college equestrian team. I still ride horses, but not competitively anymore. It’s too expensive! Which is why I started running.
9. What is your favorite TV show? I enjoy many tv shows but the first one that immediately came to mind was Friends. That has to be my all-time favorite show. I can apply each episode to something in my life (or vice versa).
10. What do you do with your race bibs? I saved my bib from my first half-marathon (the Providence Rock n Roll Half-Marathon), but I started collecting so many bibs from races that I ended up throwing out the rest. I’ll likely save my bib from my first marathon, too. It would have to be quite significant for me to save it.
11. What is a pre-race ritual you have? I don’t really have a ritual (other than getting all my clothes and everything else ready the night before), but I do have a lucky pair of socks that I wear. They are Wrights Socks and are the only kind I’ve tried that won’t give me blisters in the rain. And for some reason it always rains during my half-marathons!
To share the love, here are my nominees:
The Saved Runner
Run Your Mutt Off
Will Run for Pizza
Lily Runs the World
Meg Go Run
Run for the Pizza
Gotta Run Now
Laced Up with Lipstick
Now for the questions:
1. How long have you been running for?
2. What’s the furthest distance you’ve ever run?
3. What’s your p.r.?
4. Where’s your favorite place to race?
5. Where’s your least favorite place to race?
6. What’s your favorite time of year to go running?
7. What’s your favorite “naughty” food to eat that you don’t mind sneaking in on long run days (we all have one!)?
8. If you could enter a race ANYWHERE, which race would it be?
9. What’s your favorite running song?
10. Do you have any pets? If so what kind and how many?
11. Name one hobby you enjoy other than running.
I love seeing other people’s answers to these things 🙂 thanks for the shout out!
Thank you for the nom my dear! Or should I say, leibster!!!
Aww, thanks for the nomination love! I’ll definitely do a post to answer the questions. (I think the hardest part will be nominating 11 blogs… I read a LOT of blogs, but feel like most have lots of followers, maybe this’ll encourage me to find some new ones!)
Thanks so much for the nomination!! I feel so honored 🙂
Sorry about how your day went. Those two dogs of yours are real cuties! Thanks for the nomination!
I absolutely love that photo of then because they NEVER cuddle each other. So that picture is super special to me 🙂
Thanks for the nomination, lady!
I’m glad your employers are understanding of your mistake and allow it to be a lesson to learn from. We all screw up at some point or another.
Thanks for the kind words. I was REALLY upset about this over the past two days, but between my supportive family and co-workers trying to make me feel better, I’m starting to feel better. And a run at the end of the day always helps!
Thanks for the nomination!! Now I have to put on my thinking cap to come up with questions…and then find 11 bloggers that don’t have tons of followers! haha
We all make mistakes, so don’t beat yourself up. One thing is sure – you won’t ever make that same mistake again! 😉
Thank you so so so much for nominating me! I feel so honored! I loved reading all of your answers! I will work on a post answering your questions soon!
So sorry to hear about your bad day at work! That sounds really stressful. I hope your “talking to” is short and productive and everyone can move on quickly. And don’t be like me and start crying, lol. *That* was embarrassing. One reason why I’m better as a stay-at-home-mom 🙂
And thank you so much for nominating me! I love the questions you came up with.
Pingback: Liebster Award | Run Your Mutt Off
I’m working on this by the way!! Slowly but surely I will get my answers posted and my nominees listed! 🙂 I really had to go searching for some blogs that have a smaller following!! But it got me to branch out!
Haha, you’re doing better than me! I didn’t find out until after that some of the people I nominated had 200+ followers. But hey, they’re still blogs I read a lot, so at least I was promoting good blogs that I thought other people would enjoy reading!
A snow day = time to work on the Liebster post! 😉
(I have no idea how to do “pingbacks”…)